We create tailored solutions that combine professional experience and the needs and wants of the customer. Our unique, professional home safety check will help identify any potential areas of injury risk.
At Safe Homes Australia we know that service matters:
- We come to you for the assessment and organise products and installations.
- We care about your concerns.
- We ask a lot of questions and we listen.
- We show up on time and always communicate clearly.
The family run business was born from a combination of professional and personal experience. Heidi’s experience working in falls prevention management opened our eyes to the alarming rates of fall related injuries and deaths across Queensland and in fact Australia. Many never recover their previous levels of mobility and independence, but there is good news! Most falls can be prevented.
Heidi is supported at Safe Homes Australia by her husband Jason, a Certified Practicing Accountant with almost 20 years experience in accounting and business management across a variety of industries. Also instrumental to the business are the Occupational Therapists that have and will work with us. We are in the process of establishing relationships and will update this section as appropriate.
Based on your individual outcome, appropriate packages, products and services will be recommended to you. Products include, but not limited to:
- Grab Rails for the shower, toilet, steps and any other desired area.
- Aids for the bathroom and toilet rooms including specialised chairs and mats.
- Aids for the kitchen including trays, steps and reachers.
- Lift Chairs and Beds.
- Day Chairs.
- Walkers and Canes.
- Stair Chairs.
Who we are?
- 12 years experience in the Health Industry
- Masters in Health Services Management with distinction, as well as degrees in Exercise Science and Business.
- Passionate Gold Coaster having completing her schooling and university here.
- Has worked in private and public sectors across Queensland and London, focusing on public health, health promotion and patient safety. Her areas of expertise include project management, communications, strategic planning and policy management.
- Past 5 years working in falls prevention management across Queensland. This experience in falls prevention across the continuum gives Heidi a strong insight and understanding of the importance and need for a preventative service like Safe Homes Australia.
- Instrumental in the development, trial, evaluation and roll out of falls prevention tools for various settings across Queensland. This work has been presented at National and International Falls Prevention conferences.
- Bachelor of Applied Science , Occupational Therapy (USyd 2001); Masters in Health Management (UNSW, 2012)
- 10 years clinical experience in the hospital, community aged care and medical industry.
- Originally from Sydney but recently moved to the Gold Coast to be closer to family.
- Significant experience with Community Aged Care Packages as an Occupational Therapist and/Case Manager.
- Passionate about assisting older persons to remain living safely and independently in their own homes for as long as possible.
- Experienced in advising on home modifications, including medical equipment, grab rails and other assistive devices.
- Experienced in falls- prevention strategies.
- Committed to optimising patient wellbeing, independence and quality of life.
At Safe Homes Australia our aim is to reduce the number of people being affected by falls by reducing the risks around their homes, which we hope will have a positive affect on the lives of many older Australians.